When you are thinking of getting a new bed, you have to make a number of considerations. For instance, you have to decide whether you want something low to the ground, like a platform bed, or something a little higher, like a sleigh bed. You may also want a headboard and sideboard attachments that allow you to sit up and place a book down before you finally fall asleep. However, one of the biggest and most important considerations is the bed size. While there is no true bed guide that you can follow – there are a number of ways to determine which bed size is right for you.
Read related article: Adjustable Bed Reviews: Guide In Choosing The Best Adjustable Bed
Here are some ways to determine what bed size is right for you.
1. Height specifications. One of your first considerations is height. Basically, if you are a tall person, you may want a larger bed – or a bed with more length. When it comes down to it, there are about three or four standard bed sizes – from a twin to a king. However, if you are a little taller, you may want a non-standard bed size, like a California king, which is about as wide as a king size bed, but a few inches longer.
2. Number of people in the bed? This is a tricky one, because two people could fit comfortably in a standard full size bed. Yet, if you want more room, you may want to upgrade to a queen size bed or a king. The key is to evaluate your sleeping patterns. Some couples like to have a larger bed size, because one partner starts to roll around and hog the comforters. To avoid this, you can simply get a larger bed. If you don’t have this problem, you may want to save money and purchase a full size or queen size bed.
3. Bedding size. This is an important consideration when thinking about what bed size you should buy. When it comes down to it, a larger bed will require larger bedding, which can often be expensive and sometimes excessive if you don’t need that much bedding. If you looked at a bedding size guide, you will be able to see three major sizes – twin, queen and king. Oftentimes, a queen bedding set will fit on a full size bed – and a king bedding set will fit on a California king and European king size bed, respectively. Basically, bedding size is not always contingent on the size of the bed. So, if you want to minimize the size and price of the bedding you will need to buy, you may want to invest in a smaller size bed.
Read related article: What’s The Advantage Of An Adjustable Bed
4. Size of the room. This an interesting consideration, because there a plethora of different room sizes. Not only that, but you have to consider a number of other elements, like dressers and even windows. Typically, you don’t want a bed that is taller than a window and blocks a certain portion of the view. If you have a large bedroom, though, you may be able to get away with having a larger size bed. However, if you have a smaller room and try to fit a large size bed inside it, your bedroom won’t have room for much else. So, make sure to measure your room before you start considering different bed sizes. It may come down to the fact that you can only fit a smaller size bed, like a full or queen, in your room – anything bigger could be going overboard.
5. Do you want a double mattress or a single mattress? When it comes down to it, some beds come with two mattresses – usually two twins. There are a number of reasons why people may have a split mattress bed. For instance, you may want a split adjustable bed, which can offer a more versatile sleep experience. With a split adjustable mattress, you and your partner can control each side of the bed separately. What happens if one partner wants to go to sleep and the other wants to stay up reading? With a split adjustable bed, one partner can make his or her side of the bed ready for sleep – while the other side of the bed can stay upright for reading. While there is usually no standard bed sizes when it comes to split adjustable beds, you can usually find one that is akin to a queen or king size bed. Another reason why you may want a double mattress or split adjustable bed is so that you can have two different sleeping options. Perhaps you want the option of having one firm side of the bed and one softer side. In the end, it really is a matter of preference.
Lastly, while there is no official guide to buying a bed, you can take a few things into consideration that can help you get closer to finding the right bed size for you. What it comes down to, though, is that you want to find a bed that matches your lifestyle and comfort preferences. The last thing you want is a bed that is uncomfortably small or too large. When it comes down to it, you also want to find a bed size that is right for your living arrangement, because you may be limited by how much space you have in your bedroom. At the end of the day, though, you want to spend some time thinking about it and taking the above tips into consideration. After you find the right bed size, the next step is to find the right style bed, which is always the fun part.